Sunday 11 October 2015

the retrograde cake

I've said it before; And I'll say it again - 

I   E A T   M Y   F E E L I N G S

and they taste

D E L I C I O U S !


the retrograde cake >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES

Hands up if you agree it's been a strange few weeks...

Let's blame Mercury.

Apparently it's been in retrograde.

Although, even though it's not something I follow closely, 
I swear, it seems to be in retrograde an awful lot lately...

Never fear though! It's over now.
*phew*

But if you are still feeling a little down,
I've got just the thing for you - 




F E R R E R O   C A K E

the retrograde cake >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES


2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

Grease cake tin. Heat oven to 180 C.

In a large mixing bowl - stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. 
Beat on medium speed for one minute.

Stir in boiling water (the batter will be really runny).

Fill cake tin with batter.

Bake for approximately 50 minutes.
Allow to cool. 
Dress up with Ferrero Rochers.


the retrograde cake >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...