Wednesday 28 October 2015

putting the FUN in funfetti

It's been a while since I turned on my oven to bake.
(Unless you count last weekend when I 'baked' then demolished a packet of frozen curly fries....?! 
Which were pretty awesome, but don't technically fall into the official 'baking' category...)

Yeah... so it's been a while.

But as I prepare to dust off the cake tins and create a dinosaur birthday cake for my favourite mini human and (self-appointed) God-Son, I realised I never posted the recipe for the cake I baked his Mama months ago for her special day.

So (through the magic of the blogesphere)
Here's a little somethin' I prepared earlier....


T H E   F U N F E T T I   C A K E

(For one of my favourite adult humans - xx)


putting the FUN in funfetti >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES


T H E   C A K E 

1 and 2/3 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup greek yogurt 
3/4 cup milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup sprinkles

Preheat oven to 180C degrees. Spray cake tin generously with nonstick spray. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave.
Whisk in the sugars vigorously getting out any brown sugar lumps - mixture will be gritty.
Whisk in egg, yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract until combined.
Slowly mix in dry ingredients until no lumps remain.
Batter will be thick. Slowly stir in sprinkles, but do not overmix because the sprinkles will bleed their colour.
Pour batter into prepared cake tin.
Bake for approx. 35 minutes.
Allow to cool.

putting the FUN in funfetti >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES


T H E   I C I N G : 
W H I T E   C H O C O L A T E   B U T T E R C R E A M

300g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
750g icing sugar
150g  white chocolate, melted

Cream the butter, vanilla and icing sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. 
Stir in the melted chocolate.
Cake stays fresh covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 5 days.


H O T   T I P
This cake was dense.
Best served warm.
With icecream.
For breakfast.

(because why not?!)


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...